When Should I Get New Headshots?
If you are getting a lot of auditions, but aren’t booking work, the problem is not your headshot.
If you are having trouble getting an agent to open your mail, or getting called in to audition for casting directors, the problem could very well be your headshot.
- Does it look exactly like you?
- Do you look excited, alive, or engaged?
- Is it recent enough?
- Is it high quality?
- Does it compete with professional headshots taken by a professional New York headshot photographer?
- When you look at your headshot next to a dozen other headshots, does yours stand out?
If you answer “no” to any of the above, it’s probably time for new headshots.
Quick Answers to Headshot Questions:
- Why is a Good Headshot Important?
- What is a Good Headshot?
- When Should I Get New Headshots?
- Color vs. Black & White?
- Film vs. Digital?
- How Do I Choose a Headshot Photographer?
- What is a "Look", and How Many Do I Need?
- Do I Need a Hair and Makeup Artist?
- Should My Headshot be Retouched?
- What Should I Expect from a Headshot Session?
- Where Do I Print My Headshots?
- Where Do I Get Actor Postcards Printed?
- What Resources Exist for NYC Actors?
- Where Can I Learn More About a Career as an Actor?