What Should I Expect from a Headshot Session?
Shooting your headshots should be fun!
When you schedule your headshot session, you are choosing to make a positive change in your career. It’s something you should enjoy doing, and look forward to–prepare for your shoot by treating yourself well, getting plenty of sleep, caring for your body, and allowing plenty of time to prepare. If you’re nervous, bring a friend, and bring music that you like.
When you are shooting, remember that you are trying to capture a range of images, spanning the depths of your personality.
Make goofy face, smile a lot. Don’t worry about taking “good” pictures or the “right” pictures. That’s the photographer’s job.
Your job is to show up prepared and to then relax, emote, play, goof off, and take risks.
Enjoy the shoot–you’re the center of attention!
Quick Answers to Headshot Questions:
- Why is a Good Headshot Important?
- What is a Good Headshot?
- When Should I Get New Headshots?
- Color vs. Black & White?
- Film vs. Digital?
- How Do I Choose a Headshot Photographer?
- What is a "Look", and How Many Do I Need?
- Do I Need a Hair and Makeup Artist?
- Should My Headshot be Retouched?
- What Should I Expect from a Headshot Session?
- Where Do I Print My Headshots?
- Where Do I Get Actor Postcards Printed?
- What Resources Exist for NYC Actors?
- Where Can I Learn More About a Career as an Actor?