Do I Need a Hair and Makeup Artist?
If you are a woman, and you have hair, you need a hair and makeup person to assist you on your shoot.
Having a hair and makeup artist on site will make you more confident, the photographer less concerned with things like stray hairs and wrinkles, and your shoot more likely to yield great shots. Yes it is an added expense, but it is worth it in the long run.
Men generally do not need this service, unless they have long hair or have special circumstances.
Think about it this way… when you show up for a big-budget film (or even a low-budget short) there will be a makeup artist and hair-stylist to help you look your best. It’s in your best interest to recreate the same kind of atmosphere in your headshot session.
Quick Answers to Headshot Questions:
- Why is a Good Headshot Important?
- What is a Good Headshot?
- When Should I Get New Headshots?
- Color vs. Black & White?
- Film vs. Digital?
- How Do I Choose a Headshot Photographer?
- What is a "Look", and How Many Do I Need?
- Do I Need a Hair and Makeup Artist?
- Should My Headshot be Retouched?
- What Should I Expect from a Headshot Session?
- Where Do I Print My Headshots?
- Where Do I Get Actor Postcards Printed?
- What Resources Exist for NYC Actors?
- Where Can I Learn More About a Career as an Actor?