Why is a Good Headshot Important?
There is nothing quite as frustrating as having a bad headshot. Too many wonderful, talented, New York actors and actresses have wasted time in their professional careers because their headshots worked against them.
Many times, an actor or actress will scrimp on headshots, thinking that talent and skill will win over casting directors and agents. But what these performers forget is that it is the headshot that will get them in the door in order to impress with talent and skill.
Like it or not, your headshot and resume are the first impression you give to casting directors and agents–if your materials aren’t of the highest quality, you paint yourself as an amateur. If you’re going to spend several hundred dollars on a photo that may need to last you two years, you want to make sure that photo is the best calling card possible.
Quick Answers to Headshot Questions:
- Why is a Good Headshot Important?
- What is a Good Headshot?
- When Should I Get New Headshots?
- Color vs. Black & White?
- Film vs. Digital?
- How Do I Choose a Headshot Photographer?
- What is a "Look", and How Many Do I Need?
- Do I Need a Hair and Makeup Artist?
- Should My Headshot be Retouched?
- What Should I Expect from a Headshot Session?
- Where Do I Print My Headshots?
- Where Do I Get Actor Postcards Printed?
- What Resources Exist for NYC Actors?
- Where Can I Learn More About a Career as an Actor?